Monday, October 26, 2009

Election Day




I`m registered to vote in the elections since one year ago. I have already voted for the municipal elections last year. I think that it is very important to vote, because in this “democratic system” the minimal way to show your opinion is through your own vote.

Nowadays I don`t have to decide what my vote is yet, I have two options, ME-O and Arrate, I would never vote for Piñera, because I do not agree with his political option, and his “offer” for the country. And I think that Frei is not a good choice, because the “concertaciòn” hasn`t showed a good job. For these reasons I think that now it is the moment to make a change in the government. And this is the change that Arrate is promoving.

At the same time Marco Enríquez Ominami is an option for me because, he represents the change that the Chilean politic needs. He is a young person, and despite of I do not totally agree with his proposal, the important thing is that he is a different person, not like the others, or this is what he projects.


I have never thought to be a politician, because I think that politics is something corrupted and it`s driven by a little group of persons, and I won`t be one of them. Now, if I have to choose where to work if I were a politician I would like to work in the economy ministry because I would like to make a change in the society and make it more egalitarian. This is one of the problem of the Chilean society, among many others like the low quality of the health, the inequality education, the poverty, and the low opportunities to the citizen participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment